Roxanne Smolen is a leading professional in the writing industry. She is a sought-after writing instructor and editor whose tireless efforts help other authors reach their dreams of publication. She co-founded the Coral Springs Writers Workshop and was a contributor there for over twenty years. She is a prolific writer with fourteen published novels. She also writes a line of children’s books with her granddaughters. Roxanne has been married to her high school sweetheart, Gregory, for 50+ years and has two children. Connect with her on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram Official Website
1. When you were a child you wanted to become an astronaut. Would you rather explore the Milky Way or another galaxy?
I don’t want one galaxy, I want all galaxies! Seriously, why stop at just one?
2. If you had a time machine and you could choose between the past and the future, where would you go?
I would absolutely want to go to the future. I want to see what becomes of us.
3. What would be your go-to song if you had to get up on stage and sing karaoke?
I love music. Right now, I have Kermit the Frog’s Rainbow Connection stuck in my head, so I guess I would sing that one.
4. What genres do you prefer as a reader?
Fantasy and Science Fiction. Whenever anyone asks me if I’ve read the such-and-such book, I always counter with “Does it have wizards in it? Does it have a space battle? Then, no, I haven’t read it.”
5. How do you sort the titles in your library?
OMG If you could see my bookshelves. I just stick things wherever they’ll fit. But if you ask me to find a certain book, I always know where it is.
6. If you could wake up with a supernatural power tomorrow, what would it be?
I’ve always wanted the ability to be able to shoot either fire or ice out of the palms of my hands so that when someone cuts me off on the road, I can blast them.
7. Authors are all about painting sceneries and setting up the mood through the power of words. If you had to limit yourself to a single word in the English language to describe yourself, which one would it be?
8. What was your most fundamental inspiration behind the Amazing Wolf Boy series?
I recently finished writing the sixth and final book of my Wolf Boy series. The series was inspired by the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. Love it or hate it, you have to agree that the Twilight series is a phenomenon, and I wanted to pick it apart to see what made it so popular. I came up with a plotline for The Amazing Wolf Boy. My main character is a boy instead of a girl, and he’s a werewolf, not a vampire. The series turned out much more humorous than I originally intended. The quirky characters took over. The tagline is What Happens When a Bumbling Nerd Turns Into a Werewolf?
9. How do you take your coffee? If you don’t drink coffee, what’s your beverage of choice?
Tea, Earl Grey, hot. I was drinking Earl Grey tea long before Captain Picard made that line famous.
WHERE TO FIND THE Amazing Wolf Boy Series
Hi, I'm Amy. That weird author with all the necromancers. I'm addicted to caffeine, board games, mythology tales and my Korg keyboards. Oh, yeah, and I occasionally happen to write stories.