N.L. Hoffmann is a paranormal romance author best known for her The Daughters of Darkness series. In her pre-teens, she began writing and developed her love for literature. Finally, January 2014, she took the plunge by publishing Blood Slaves. Today, Hoffmann resides in Missouri with her husband and three children. When Hoffmann isn't busy putting words on the page she enjoys reading, drawing, playing pranks on her husband, and spending time with her family. Connect with her on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram Official Website
1. You were born in Amberg, Germany, and I know you’re a fan of the local food and the splendid castles. Do you have a favorite Bavarian castle?
I don't have a favorite. It's been a long time since I was in Germany. I want to go back to see more of them. It's a beautiful country. The castles were my favorite next to the food, though.
2. If you could pick a destination in the universe where you could spend the rest of your days blissfully, which one would it be? Have you ever been there?
I'm not really sure. I want to be somewhere that's peaceful, but close enough for me to get to different places. I don't want to travel a long ways just to get to a grocery store. I enjoyed living in the state of Washington and I also liked Texas. I guess I would return to one of those.
3. Which genres do you prefer as a reader?
Paranormal romance and thrillers... I like detective novels. Those are always fun.
4. Can you name 3 things you can never live without?
My laptop, eyeliner, and notebooks.
5. How do you sort the titles in your library?
By author, but my library is small. I read on Kindle.
6. We all wish we could be perfect, but perfect characters are boring. Have you ever given any of your main characters one of your personal negative qualities?
My immaturity. Not everyone is a fan lol. I like to give my characters flaws because it makes them more real to the readers.
7. How did you come up with the initial idea for Lucifer?
Lucifer is from my The Daughters of Darkness series. He's a big part of me. He just came out of nowhere. I didn't plan him as a character. He's become a reader favorite because he's so weird and funny. I gave him his own book because he demanded it and you can't say no to him.
8. Authors are all about painting sceneries and setting up the mood through the power of words. If you had to limit yourself to a single word in the English language to describe yourself, which one would it be?
Immature. You can see it in my characters. I make them act the way I wish I could most times.
9. How do you take your coffee? If you don’t drink coffee, what’s your beverage of choice?
I like flavored coffee. Peppermint mocha is my favorite flavor to put in coffee. I can't drink it with just sugar and milk. It has to have some kind of flavor.
Hi, I'm Amy and I'm addicted to caffeine, board games, mythology tales and my Korg keyboards. Oh, yeah, and I occasionally happen to write stories.