Ingrid Crayton is a word-weaver of all things fantastical, mom, wife, and breast cancer
warrior on a mission to add a dash of magic to people’s lives through her weapon of
choice: words. “Blood, Secrets and Lies" is her debut novel, but there’s more urban
fantasy and supernatural stuff where that came from! Her dream is to get a deal with
Netflix so her words can take on a life of their own.
When she doesn’t have a trusty pen in hand, you can find this game changer dancing
like everybody’s watching, going on epic adventures, or hanging out with her husband
and mini mes. She is also fairly certain she’s a mermaid and has a good sense of
humor. Her children beg to differ but they love her all the same. Connect with her on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram Official Website
1. When we chatted a while back about author bios, you joked that you’re “fairly certain you’re a mermaid”. I see you've added it to your bio. If you could shapeshift into one mythological creature, would it be a mermaid?
Yes, being in the water gives me peace and now that I have a waterproof MP3 player, in my mind I can cut through the water with my tail 100mph or do a mean aquatic dance listening to Ciara & Bruno Mars.
2. Traveling is one of your hobbies. If you could pick a destination in the universe where you could spend the rest of your days blissfully, which one would it be? Have you ever been there?
I’ve never been to Africa. I would love to visit Egypt to see the Great Pyramids.
3. You started reading supernatural novels as a way to escape from everyday life. Do you remember what was the first supernatural book you picked?
Twilight Saga (Vampires vs Wolves). Couldn’t make up my mind which team I was on.
4. If you had to get up on stage and sing karaoke, what would be your go-to song?
Bootylicious (Destiny’s Child).
5. What’s your ultimate binge-watching-worthy show on Netflix?
6. How do you sort the titles in your library?
I no longer have a library. I have donated all of my books, hoping to bless someone else with the gift of words, a getaway in a fantasy land and time away from their reality.
7. Authors are all about painting sceneries and setting up the mood through the power of words. If you had to limit yourself to a single word in the English language to describe yourself, which one would it be?
8. What was your most fundamental inspiration behind Blood, Secrets and Lies?
Blood relates to our own bloodlines meaning families and what we pass down, Secrets, we all have secrets good, bad and some that need to go to the graves with us, Lies refer to not being honest with ourselves as well as others and evenly they may come out.
9. How do you take your coffee? If you don’t drink coffee, what’s your beverage of choice?
Not a coffee drinker. Love Sparkling Ice-Strawberry-Kiwi flavor.
Hi, I'm Amy. That weird author with all the necromancers. I'm addicted to caffeine, board games, mythology tales and my Korg keyboards. Oh, yeah, and I occasionally happen to write stories.